Monday, February 2, 2009

Pretending

“Until you get bored with me,” he says. And I assure him that will never happen. Because I know that’s what he wants to hear. And because for the moment, it’s true. My head on his chest, hearing his heart beat. Love’s pendulum reciting its poetry just for me. A little blush to go with my whisper.

I pretend we know each other better than we do. Covering up the yawns of who I once was. His smile is his only betrayal as the silence considers what's next for us. Harmless little monsters that life has pulled from our weaknesses. Puddles losing battle with the sun.

He pretends to be more into me than he is. As if his life isn’t the only thing he can't control. The future isn't ahead of us. It's right here. In every touch that only makes me want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment