Monday, June 1, 2009

And now for something different

I made a video. Okay, I didn’t actually “make” it. I kind of “barrowed” pieces from other peoples’ videos and made a new video. If you go to my profile, you’ll see a link to a blog called Movies, Photos and That Kind of Stuff. Go to that blog (or click on the link) and you’ll see my masterpiece. I plan on posting more videos here. I may not, but it's my plan at the moment.

Cool huh? Or maybe you’re saying, “I don’t get it.” What’s with the girl and who’s that guy?

I’m not going to tell you about the guy. If you’re a regular reader, maybe you can figure out the guy. Maybe. And the girl? Well, the girl is supposed emphasize the title – Different Worlds. The girl is a metaphor. And so is the guy. What isn’t a metaphor?

The video is supposed to be about the guy, going about his life. Maybe he knows the girl, maybe not. Maybe he knows someone like her, or maybe he used to be a lot like her. It doesn’t really matter, because she’s a metaphor, and because he’s got this entirely different life going on. He lives in a different world.

And the girl. Yeah, the girl. How many of you can relate to the girl? Hitchhiking, playing guitar on the street, trying to reach out, but no one’s there. Certainly not someone like the guy.

Because they live in different worlds. We all do. Sometimes our worlds touch each other, briefly. But most of the time we don’t even notice. We’re too busy. Trying to get things out of the way so we can move on to the next. Too busy to notice. Too busy to care.

Different worlds. We’re all people sharing this planet, but we live in different worlds.

2 comments:

  1. that's a cool video! Good job... honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was fun to make. I now dream in video clips.

    ReplyDelete